Mary King's Close
Reportedly Edinburgh’s most haunted street, Mary King’s Close was built over in 18th century becoming part of the underground city. In 1645 the plague struck the crowded close, and many died, with the street probably quarantined. Ghosts seen include lady in dark dress, a “short gentleman in a vaguely agitated state”, and a psychic reported seeing a little girl who lost her doll, “Wee Annie”. A huge collection of toys now marks where she appeared, left by well-meaning visitors.